Last Updated: August 11, 2023
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, their name,
email address, mailing address, phone number, and credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect only personal identification information from Users if they voluntarily submit it to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
In addition to the specific uses set out below, we may use the information we collect about you to communicate with you, provide the Services, comply with any applicable legal obligations, enforce any applicable terms of service, and protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
Information We Collect Directly From You
Information that you directly submit to us through our Services may include:
- Basic contact details, including your name, address, phone number, and email.
- Order information, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment confirmation, email address, and phone number.
- Account information, including your username, password, and security questions.
- Shopping information, including the items you view, put in your cart or add to your wishlist.
- Customer support information, including the information you choose to include in communications with us, for example, when sending a message through the Services.
Some features of the Services may require you to provide us with certain information about yourself directly. You may elect not to provide this information, but doing so may prevent you from using or accessing these features.
Non-personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
Information We Obtain From Third Parties
We may obtain information about you from third parties, including vendors and service providers who
may collect information on our behalf, such as:
- Companies who support our Site and Services.
- Our payment processors, who collect payment information (e.g., bank account, credit or debit card information, billing address) to process your payment to fulfill your orders and provide you with products or services you have requested, to perform our contract with you.
- When you visit our Site, open or click on emails we send you, or interact with our Services or advertisements, we, or third parties we work with, may automatically collect certain information using online tracking technologies such as pixels, web beacons, software developer kits, third-party libraries, and cookies.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
- With vendors or other third parties who perform services on our behalf (e.g., IT management, payment processing, data analytics, customer support, cloud storage, fulfillment and shipping).
- With business and marketing partners to provide services and advertise to you. Our business and marketing partners will use your information per their privacy notices.
- When you direct, request us, or otherwise consent to our disclosure of certain information to third parties, such as to ship your products or through your use of social media widgets or login integrations, with your consent.
- With our affiliates or otherwise within our corporate group, in our legitimate interests to run a successful business.
- In connection with a business transaction such as a merger or bankruptcy, to comply with any applicable legal obligations (including responding to subpoenas, search warrants and similar requests), to enforce any applicable terms of service, and to protect or defend the Services, our rights, and the rights of our users or others.
We have, in the past 12 months disclosed the following categories of personal information and sensitive personal information (denoted by *) about users for the purposes set out above in “How we Collect and Use your Personal Information” and “How we Disclose Personal Information”:
- Identifiers such as basic contact details and certain order and account information
- Commercial information such as order information, shopping information and customer support information
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as Usage of Data
Categories of Recipients:
- Vendors and third parties who perform services on our behalf (such as Internet service providers, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners and data analytics providers)
- Business and marketing partners
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information to infer characteristics about you.
User Generated Content
The Services may enable you to post product reviews and other user-generated content. If you choose to submit user-generated content to any public area of the Services, this content will be public and accessible to anyone.
We do not control who will have access to the information you choose to make available to others and cannot ensure that parties with access to such information will respect your privacy or keep it secure. We are not responsible for the privacy or security of any information that you make publicly available or for the accuracy, use or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive from third parties.
Security and Retention of Your Information
Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Also, any information you send us may not be secure while in transit. We recommend that you do not use insecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. How long we retain your personal information depends on different factors, such as whether we need the information to maintain your account, to provide the Services, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce other applicable contracts and policies.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on where you live, you may have some or all of the rights listed below in relation to your personal information. However, these rights are not absolute, may apply only in certain circumstances and, in certain cases, we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Right to Access /Know. You may have a right to request access to personal information that we hold about you, including details relating to the ways in which we use and share your information.
- Right to Delete. You may have a right to request that we delete the personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to Correct. You may have a right to request that we correct the inaccurate personal information we maintain about you.
- Right of Portability. You may have a right to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, in certain circumstances and with certain exceptions.
- Withdrawal of Consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal information, you may have the right to withdraw this consent.
- Appeal: You may have a right to appeal our decision if we decline to process your request. You can do so by replying directly to our denial.
Managing Communication Preferences: We may send you promotional emails, and you may opt out of receiving these at any time by using the unsubscribe option displayed in our emails to you. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or orders that you have made. You may exercise any of these rights where indicated on our Site or by contacting us using the contact details provided below. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
We may need to collect information from you to verify your identity, such as your email address or account information, before providing a substantive response to the request in accordance with applicable laws. You may designate an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us. We will respond to your request in a timely manner as required under applicable law.
If you have complaints about how we process your personal information, please contact us using the contact
details provided below. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, depending on where you live, you may have the right to appeal our decision by contacting us using the contact details set out below or lodge
your complaint with your local data protection authority.
The Organization Pros Inc. 300 – 1100 Burloak Drive, Burlington, ON, L7L6B2, Canada.